Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bradford:Fact or Fiction

Taking into consideration that I am not at all familiar with William Bradford on a personal level, I think that Cotton Mather creates a, most likely, imaginative and high esteemed persona. Mather might have wanted the reader to visualize what kind of person Bradford was, and use it to relate to the Puritan of the time. Bradford seems like he is too nice of a guy and will not let people, even his friends, tell him that what he is doing is wrong. This is both good and bad; good because Bradford is extremely dedicated to his cause, and bad because again he is so dedicated. In the end I am not sure if I believe Cotton Mather in his portrayal of William Bradford. I would like to believe that there are those people in the world that are willing to stand for what they believe and not let others tell them that they are not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment