Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Anne Bradstreet

Anne Bradstreet is a woman who despite prejudices at the time against woman still kept writing. Her words are inspiring and deep. I especially like how she incorporates her own personal experiences for her writing. I think that her writing gives this time period a different outlook. Alot of the writings have to feal with death and loss of some sort. She has so many writings dedicated to the sad and young deaths of her grandchildren. Anne Bradstreet had so many tragic losses in her life and the fact that she still remained so strong and lived to write about her experiences is extraordinary to me. Upon the Burning of Our House, was on of my favorite exerpts. There was such strong emotion and sent chills down my back as i continued to read. I imagined myself being awakaned in the silent night by a noise and how I would have reacted. This is the first time I am being introduced to alot of these early writers and she is my favorite so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment